Thursday 12 May 2011

Hoyt.

Part of a fortnightly sketch group with my old Uni chums, we're given a topic to simply draw something from our imagination. This fortnight's topic was Wild West, so of course...Cowboys!


Trying to get myself into a better habit of doing research and fleshing out my character more. I began with these thumbnails, actually I started with better thumbnails but the idiot I am, I deleted them all!


Then with the chosen pose, I fleshed it out and added some details and tone.


Although I was happy with it, it is incredibly boring. I knew I could so better. What was so boring about this image? I thought the angle was very dead and the character proportions could be pushed more.


Taking some sketchbook doodles into Photoshop, I built up the character more, really focusing on shapes and angles.


Added details and tonals.


Colour picking from some Red Dead Redemption art, I blocked in colours, using my tonal as a guide and a reminder of what I want the light to be doing to old Hoyt.


Cleaned it up once more, correcting the shotgun perspective (which I still doesnt work, grr).

Without lines.


With lines.


1 comment:

  1. Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ thông tin bổ ích !
    ......................................
    Đại lý Toyota An Thành
    Chuyên viên kinh doanh Toyota An Thành
    Click xem chi tiết: gia toyota altis 2015 | gia toyota innova 2015

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.