Monday 22 August 2011

Parc Merveilleux - Luxembourg









Last weekend I went to a local animal park (not technically a zoo...I dont know why) and I wasnt expecting much but it was actually brilliant!!! A cracking array of animals on show. My favourites were probably the Raccoons, they were so sweet, in particular a really old one who couldnt quite walk straight and sporadically feel over. So CUTE!

Hopefully Ill make a few more trips there before the weather turns mean and then try making some characters from my studies. Im thinking the Emus could be really fun. So keep coming back to see how that goes!

Animal drawing has always been a weak point of mine, so any pointers or comments would be greatly appreciated!

9 comments:

  1. These are brillinat Gillian. I especially love the Peacock and the seond round of racoon sketches, I can really feel them in motion! Awesome work, I love coming here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, new to your blog, YOU ARE VERY TALENTED! And I disagree, you are very good at drawing animals =] No critique here =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you are very good, you make me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly don't think animal drawing is a weak point for you. You've captured their gestures and attitudes perfectly. I love racoons too! So happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cool! Love the llama lying down and the peacock.. and the turtle! (he looks so tired :D)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I wanted to draw the peacock more but he was rightby THE STINKIEST animal in the parc! He was something between a skunk and porcupine. Perhaps next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing stuff Gillibean ..., love this

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.