Tuesday 16 August 2011

Faces Progress


For those of you beautiful people who stop by fairly often, I'm sure you have noticed the abundance of facial studies I've been doing. The 100 faces was challenging and to be honest by the time I got to 40, I was pretty bored, but I knew that I had to stick as it to learn more about distinctive traits of older and older faces.

By no means would I consider myself good at faces/heads now, but as I sat down tonight to do some face ideas for my Madame Cecile character, I did notice a new found confidence in my drawing and by doing the 100 faces I discovered some useful traits that I could put in her design as she is in her mid 30s and looking a bit tired.

So I wanted to share with you 2 sets of heads I have drawn recently. The top ones in grey, I drew this evening after doing some more studies but this time just on the eyes. The ones below I drew about a week or two ago before studying heads at all. I think the difference is pretty evident!!! To my surprise! I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself cause forever, faces have been (one of) my Achilles' heel! I avoided them as much as I could but now I just wanna draw more and more!

If I can find the time...I have a little game I'd like you all to play! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. These are indeed looking strong!
    From the last post:
    29,30,34-37,48,53,77,78,97 :D
    Keep it up!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work!! and awesome blog
    thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.